With just over 14.6 million disabled people in the UK, more than one in five of us will be affected by disability at some point in our lives, it’s important that the creative industries start investing in disabled talent.
That is why Creative Equals is hosting its very first, Disabled Creatives, an initiative, setting the standard for global talent regeneration and championing disabled talent.
The three-week programme is FREE to attend is open to up to 25 disabled and neurodiversity people from across the UK who’ve previously worked or studied as a creative (creative strategist, art director, copywriter, editor, content creator or designer or very similar role) in the advertising, marketing or design industry.
The programme will run virtually over 3 weeks, providing the tools, knowledge and support to develop creative individuals, and provide bridges into creative employment.
The programme’s advisory board has an impressive roster of individuals with a long list of accolades and creative sector experience.
On the final day, there will be a presentation pitch, where the creatives will have the opportunity to present their campaign ideas and/or designs back to Diageo and a winning presentation will be chosen.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MONDAY 4 APRIL 2023
Find out more and secure your place here.
The programme will run virtually over a 3-week period with the final day being held face-to-face in a central London location (depending on circumstances, if necessary, allowances will be made for a virtual connection).
In week 1, our cohort will meet their fellow attendees and creative mentors from one of our partner agencies, and receive a creative advertising brief from Diageo. D&AD will run sessions to help the creatives flex their creative thinking skills and highlight current creative industry trends.
In week 2, the cohort works either individually or as part of a team with support from our Creative Agency Partner Mentors on the Diageo brief.
Additional support and assistance will be on offer to the creatives throughout week 2.
In week 3, the cohort will continue to work either individually or as part of a team with support from our Creative Agency Partner Mentors on the Diageo brief.
On the final day, there will be a presentation pitch, where the creatives will have the opportunity to present their campaign ideas and/or designs back to Diageo and a winning presentation will be chosen!
- Disabled and neurodivergent creatives, and those who self identify as a disabled creative
- Ideally you have previously worked or studied as a creative, creative strategist, art director, copywriter, editor, content creator or designer or very similar role, in the advertising, marketing and design industry
- You have support structures in place to be able to attend the course virtually every day and attend the presentation day at a London location (depending on your circumstances, allowances will be made for a virtual connection)
- You have current full UK working rights
- As part of the application process, you will respond to a simple creative brief to assess working level on a skills-first basis
- You must have computer equipment in place to be able to attend the course virtually every day
- We understand that financial barriers can be a hindrance to participation, and we don’t want that to hold anyone back. If you require financial support for travel or assistant costs during the programme, please let us know by ticking the relevant box in your application. We’ll review your request and do our best to assist you. We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to benefit from our programme, regardless of their financial situation.
Note: If the organisers can make adjustments to make this programme more accessible, please let them know on your application form or by emailing email@example.com