Adaptive, a specialist software company that designs, builds and operates bespoke, real-time, front-to-back solutions for tier-one investment banks and commodity trading firms (see client stories), is looking or a highly skilled business analyst that can be a valued addition to their software delivery team. The role has been pre-determined as outside IR35 (using IR35 Shield).
BUSINESS ANALYST – REPO TRADING PLATFORM
About the project:
The selected candidate would join a medium-sized team distributed in Adaptive’s Europe & North America offices, on an ongoing project that we have been designing, building and operating on behalf of our client.
We have been building a trading platform for repurchase agreements (“repos”) that supports RFQ negotiation flows involving multiple buy-side and sell-side parties.
The platform is currently used and operated in Europe & North America, and we continue to support its development.
- Applicants will be expected to have significant experience working in the financial sector, with experience working on real-time trading systems being especially sought after
- Domain knowledge of repurchase agreements (“repos”) highly appreciated
- Previous experience & knowledge of regulatory items (e.g. RT24) would be beneficial
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- In particular, the ability to explain even complex concepts clearly through written & visual mediums is expected, so as to create a trusted set of reference documents for the team and for the client
- Ability to work with distributed teams & keep everyone aligned on common goals without meeting face to face
- There is no expectation to be present on site until the current predicament is under control — Adaptive is taking a safe stance
- Once the situation stabilises and only then, there will be an expectation to be able to come on site in the City of London punctually, on short notice
- Flexibility to support releases in the evening on weekdays (at least once a week)
- Ability to create & maintain a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Actively manage the client’s expectations, make assumptions explicit and keep a log of important decisions throughout the engagement
- Actively involve oneself in coming up with a realistic roadmap that mitigates project risk
- Work with UX, QA and developers throughout the backlog building process, to avoid the roadblocks inherent in a sequential process
- Remain closely involved with the team throughout the delivery of the backlog
- Active involvement with design activities
- Take part in Event Storming / Workflow-Driven Design workshops (prior experience a plus)
- Capture and define the processes/workflows impacted by the solution we are delivering
- Propose functional solutions to the client’s business problems
- Active involvement with Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing activities
- Write falsifiable Acceptance Criteria
- Test the application manually & write bug reports to the same standard as a tester (if not with the same efficiency)
- Support users during UAT by answering their queries
- Take an active role/the lead in defect investigation & triage
- Experience with the FIX protocol and FIX engines highly valued
- Sufficient understanding of technical idioms
- In particular, an understanding of data structures & communication protocols is expected to allow discussion with technical experts and the capture of related requirements
- Keen understanding of the strengths and potential pitfalls that come with an Agile delivery philosophy, based on extensive personal experience
- Please note that the successful candidate will undergo a background check due to the kind of projects we work on.
Adaptive’s Privacy Notice for Candidates:
Adaptive has expressed no agencies should send unsolicited submissions.
To apply for the role, click here.
To see other career opportunities at Adaptive Click here.